Friday, February 18, 2011

Trains, Planes and Autobuses


With the advent of many budget airlines, the prices for economic travel has come to new heights, or should I say, new lows. At times, it seems cheaper to fly, at times, the train would be the best way to go. Of course, there are things to consider as well, like delays due to bad weather (and even lately, volcano eruptions). But whatever the case may be, it is always good to check ahead on travel conditions in your area before deciding what to take. Usually, for me, when it is a long distance travel, air is the way to go. For medium distances, the train and for short distances, the bus. Is it cheaper to book ahead? Most cases, yes, it is cheaper, unless they have those last minute deals. I normally would like to have a back up plan whenever I travel, and I found out, the best way to do so, is to not cram too many itineraries in one city. The more flexible an itinerary I have, the better are the chances I can re-adjust my plans if something does come up.

Just a thought, in case you may consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment